Monday, March 25, 2024

Path 6

 I pray that I’m not asleep or in a fog when God wants me to pray, to be alert to what He is about to do. I hope I’m not just going through to motions to fit the mold of a cultural Christian. I hope I’m not caught in the moment of the crowd like Peter, reacting without wisdom to the crisis of the moment. The drama and human emotions revealed what was happening in the lives of each person who knew Jesus. May we each follow Him as He leads us. 

The question: What is a Christian? My answer: A Christian is someone who follows Jesus* My former answer: A Christian is someone who has accepted Jesus, and the Christian life focuses on personal practices of piety.” - Scot McKnight, One.Life: Jesus Calls, We Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...