Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Phil 4:13

 Here is the verse in context…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8XETiMYz_s


“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:10-13


When you read this verse in context, it’s easy to see that Paul is not casting God as some magical genie who grants your every wish. He’s not saying that God will get you a promotion or heal your cancer if you just pray hard enough. He’s not promising a life of blessings if you follow all of God’s rules.


Paul is saying that his faith in Jesus empowers him to endure any circumstance, no matter how difficult. Paul can be content in any situation, even prison, through the encouragement of Christ and his fellow Christians. Jesus gives him strength when he has none left of his own.

Zach Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...