Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Bible 101

 I want more wosdom but sometimes I don’t apply what I already know. Responding to criticism may not result in lashing out but I’m pretty good at being passive aggressive. I take out my inner rage by sulking and avoiding, rather than trying to reflect on the reasons it all happened. I’m getting better but I’m embarrassed for the way I have reacted in the past. Being wise is knowing when to say something and when to keep quiet, especially when someone is hurting or grieving. Rick Warren says the best advice he has is to show up and shut up, but make sure that you show up. Our presence is so important when everything is in chaos. One of the wisest things I’m finding and wanting is to look for for the good. If God created the universe and called it good, I’m sure there are many redeeming qualities to look for. We haven’t messed it up so bad that all is lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...