Sunday, April 28, 2024

Inside Out 11

 Acquiring wisdom results in knowing when to say a few words of encouragement or correction, and when to keep quiet. I’ve said plenty at the wrong time. I’m trying to say less and pray more, relying on the Spirit’s nudge rather than my own. This around me may not be ready for what I think unless I’m asked. Even then, it may be best to slowly speak. If I’m full of irritation and resentment, my words seem to reflect my attitude. But if I’m full of gratitude, and I’m practicing God’s presence, my words should reflect the over flow. 

May this be our prayer:

Heavenly Father, let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer (Psalm 19:14). Please help me to pause before I speak. Give me Your words and wisdom to bring healing and hope to those around me. Show me that there is a blessing in it for me and others when I restrain my tongue. Transform my heart by changing what I say and how I say it. I allow You to bridle my tongue so that I can speak only as You want me to speak. Amen.

When you don’t know your Bible well, you will tend to use it as an isolated collection of wisdom statements for daily living, and you will tend to look for the verse that best seems to fit the situation you are discussing. This method completely misses the genius of the Bible’s grand redemptive themes that form the basis of the hope and courage of the brand-new way of living to which God has called us.” - Paul David Tripp, Awe: Why It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...