Monday, April 8, 2024

John 8

 I’m guilty of ‘thinking’ that I’m a Christian by trying to fit in, trying to meet the cultural expectations of what others think a Christian should be like. Is there a difference between an American Christian and following  Christ?  Evaluating my motivation to be a Christian has b focused on the reputation I’ve wanted, rather than truly abiding in Christ. I wonder what Jesus would say to me regarding the proof and evidence of following Him.  

What does it mean to persevere? It means that we continue to believe, and that we live like believers, which means obediently. It doesn’t mean sinlessness; it doesn’t mean that we are on some steady and never-failing incline up into pure sanctification; it does not deny stumbling or messy spirituality; it doesn’t deny doubt and problems. It simply means that the person continues to walk with Jesus and doesn’t walk away from him in a resolute manner.” - Scot McKnight, A Long Faithfulness: The Case for Christian Perseverance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...