Thursday, May 30, 2024

Bible 152

 The more we follow Christ, the more we realize that our faith is practical and powerful. When I’m weak and exhausted, somehow His strength brings me through as I trust Him. The more I trust my independent self sufficient attitude, the more frustrated I become. Jesus trusted His Father completely through the most gruesome experience one can imagine. Saul’s hardened attitude ended in a terrible fate. The Bible does not shy away from the gruesome details. Like David who trusted the Philistines and himself more than God, he realized that he had better change course. Breakdowns in pride often lead to break throughs in faith. If God raised Him from the dead, nothing is impossible with my anxieties as I trust Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...