Saturday, June 15, 2024

Pray 6

Allistair Begg has a way of diving deep into familiar words. Even though I may have asked God to prevent us from temptations many times, do I really mean it?  Temptations are like sneaking in the sack of candy when no one is looking. It’s allowing myself to wander down a path of thinking and imagery that could bring a downfall. Pastor Begg asks, when does a test result in a temptation?  Tests for me can be predicaments and dilemmas with no easy solution, and no clear answer from God. I can doubt God’s presence and wander with my mind to inappropriate places, neglecting Hos presence. This especially true when observing conflicts and heated exchanges. But practicing His presence within me and beside me, my focus is much more clear  

Fanny Crosby’s hymn “On the Victory Side”:

  1. Our souls cry out, Hallelujah! And our faith enraptured sings, While we throw to the breeze the standard Of the mighty King of kings.Refrain: On the vict’ry side, on the vict’ry side, In the ranks of the Lord are we; On the vict’ry side we will boldly stand, Till the glory-land we see.

  2. Our souls cry out, Hallelujah! For the Lord Himself comes near, And the shout of a royal army On the battlefield we hear.

  3. Our souls cry out, Hallelujah! For the tempter flies apace, And the chains he has forged are breaking, Through the power of redeeming grace.

  4. Our souls cry out, Hallelujah! And our hearts beat high with praise, Unto Him, in whose name we’ll conquer, And our song of triumph raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...