Sunday, August 18, 2024

Bible 231

 I used to think God was distant and aloof. Growing up, I felt distant from most, thinking that if they really knew me, they wouldn’t like me. But over time, I am learning that Hod is closer than my next breath if k allow Him to be. Most people want close, safe, trusting relationships. Marriage and family relationships are built on trust and safety. The sharing of our deepest hurts and joys are experienced in our vertical and horizontal relationships, shaping us into the person we become. All of that sounds academic and stiff, but emotional when we experience the highs and lows in the heat of the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...