Thursday, August 22, 2024

Narrow 2

 The tension of following Christ in an unchristian world shouts loud and clear from Jesus in the Beatitudes. How can I live with a poverty of spirit all marketing strategies promote dissatisfaction and scarcity?  How can we live in peace when many professing Christians shout opinions, slogans, and agendas?  We tend to think we are in the ‘correct side’ of most issues but I’m not sure we are communicating like Jesus would. 

“…you will be tempted to believe that you can live your life off your gifts and not do the deep work of character formation. Your gifts can take you only so far. But there are no such limits when it comes to a life marked by deep character.” - Rich Villodas, The Deeply Formed Life



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...