Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Rooted 2

 Deep roots stabilize a tree for the storms that are ahead. Good soil, nutrients, water and the right amount of sun develop the roots. The same is true for us. Nurturing family relationships and encouraging friends are so important. For me, relying on Scripture,  being b part of N encouraging church and finding mentors to look up to have helped stabilize me over the long haul. Even more important has been the consistent presence of our Triune God. During the worst experiences of my life, His presence was there, despite the anger or chaos that surrounded me. Even though others doubted what God was doing, voicing negativity and a doom and gloom mindset, I sensed His peace and calmness. I hope you build this strong foundation as well. 

“Christ in me” means Christ bearing me along from within, Christ the motive power that carries me on, Christ giving my whole life a wonderful poise and lift, and turning every burden into wings . . . not as something you have to bear but as something by which you are borne.” - James Bryan Smith, The Good and Beautiful God


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...