Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Way 2

I’m discovering that following Christ is far more than waiting till we meet Christ someday. It’s being compelled to practice His presence in the here and now moments of life, good and bad. How are you finding this to be true?  Practicing His presence in our ordinary moments is training us to love Him deeply, and to be ready for the decisions that will need to be made just around the corner. 

“Contemplative prayer isn't looking to get anything from God; it's just looking at God. "I look at Him, He looks at me, and we are happy." Few of us even realize this type of prayer is a possibility. It's this deeper layer of prayer that I find both most challenging and most rewarding. Challenging not because it's unpleasant (the opposite, in fact) but because it requires the very capacity of which our world schemes to rob me: attention.” - John Mark Comer, Practicing the Way


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...