Friday, September 6, 2024

Way 5

 What a horrific few moments, hanging on the cross. The God of the universe suffering as a criminal, condemned to die. One thief suddenly recognizes how own debt of sin and surrenders to the Creator. The other has a hardened independent heart. It strikes me that I surrender to my Lord most when I’m at the end of my rope, with no other options. I want to get better at practicing surrender each day, not waiting till I’m at the end of my options. 

“There are no accidental saints. You can't just slip your hand up at the end of a sermon. It's a high bar of entry: It will require you to reorder your entire life around following Jesus as your undisputed top priority, over your job, your money, your reputation - over everything. Yet all these things will find their rightful place once integrated into a life of apprenticeship.” - John Mark Comer, Practicing The Way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...