Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Bible 290

 The more we read and study the Scriptures, the more we (or at least for me) I am compelled to reflect on why I do the things I do. God’s love for each person is intense, drawing us to Himself. I feel compelled to self examine my motives and avoid the cultural trend to be an average church goer. I do not know what that means or will mean, but I don’t want to keep on comparing myself to others. Paul’s words hit me - 

 “Now the goal of our instruction is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith. Some have departed from these and turned aside to fruitless discussion.”

‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ 

Paul had no hidden agenda in his approach with people. I want to be that type of guy whose character is being changed. I do not want to have any regrets by developing a pure heart and a good conscience, changing fruitless conversations into worthwhile and meaningful discussions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Group of 4 10/21

 I hope each of you is having a great week!  Our next time together is October 21, 7:45 am at Roger's.  Unless someone has a better idea...