Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Jonah 2

 How is God calling you and me to be different than the norm?  If we seek to be the average Christian, what will be the outcome?  Is being average ‘good enough’?  I used to compare myself (and still do because of my sin and pride) to others. What a judgmental mindset!  If I’m following Christ, I ought to be focusing on Him, not looking at others. Jonah had a category for Babylon and the Ninevites, and they were not on his love list. I wonder if Jonah was afraid of what his constituents thought if he obeyed God. Did he want to be the average prophet, living up to earthly expectations rather than God?

“But God has not called us to be like those around us. He has called us to be like Himself. Holiness is nothing less than conformity to the character of God.” - Jerry Bridges, The Pursuit of Holiness


No comments:

Post a Comment

Group of 4 10/21

 I hope each of you is having a great week!  Our next time together is October 21, 7:45 am at Roger's.  Unless someone has a better idea...