Friday, October 18, 2024

Jonah 5

 Did Jonah think he was doing his best prior to God telling him to go to Nineveh?  Was he more committed to living up to the expectations by the people rather than truly listening to God?  We may never know Jonah’s internal motivations, but I’ve been wondering about my own intentions. Do I truly listen for His voice in my heart?  Am I more interested in fitting in to our Christian subculture than watching for the Kingdom happening right in front of me?  Jonah was given a second chance to surrender to God’s pursuit on his life. The tension and anxiety in Jonah was intense, even in the second opportunity to surrender. May you and I respond to His call without delay. 

“When we commit ourselves to the pursuit of holiness, we need to ensure that our commitment is actually to God, not simply to a holy lifestyle or a set of moral values ... offer yourselves to God, and in doing that commit yourselves to the pursuit of holiness in order to please Him.” - Jerry Bridges, Holiness Day by Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jonah 5

 Did Jonah think he was doing his best prior to God telling him to go to Nineveh?  Was he more committed to living up to the expectations by...