Thursday, October 17, 2024

Loneliness / Solitude

 “But loneliness or clatter are not our only alternatives. We can cultivate an inner solitude and silence that sets us free from loneliness and fear. Loneliness is inner emptiness. Solitude is inner fulfillment.”


Excerpt From

Celebration of Discipline, Special Anniversary Edition

Richard J. Foster

I remember when I was growing up feeling alone, yet my Father was with me. When Fonnie drowned in a stick tank, the trauma was terrible yet I knew He was with me. My identity is found in being a child of my Father, over riding my earthly family. My identity has been distracted by family responsibilities, career, and the need to provide an income. But retirement is bringing back TJ the root of being Hks beloved child. Despite the cynicism of today, the argumentative angry atmosphere, I wanf go be intentional about my Father’s business. Living Him completely, loving others, and discipling those He intersects into my path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Group of 4 10/21

 I hope each of you is having a great week!  Our next time together is October 21, 7:45 am at Roger's.  Unless someone has a better idea...