Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Megan Woods - the truth

 How many times can you hear the same lie

Before you start to believe it?The enemy keeps whisperin' to meI swear these days it's all that I'm hearin'
I used to know who I wasNow I look in the mirror, and I'm not so sureLord, I don't wanna listen to the lies anymore
The truth is I am my Father's childI make Him proud and I make Him smileI was made in the image of a perfect KingHe looks at me and wouldn't change a thingThe truth is I am truly lovedBy a God who's good when I'm not good enoughI don't belong to the lies, I belong to YouAnd that's the truth
When I feel like there's so much noiseLivin' rent-free in my headHeaven finds me in a still small voiceAnd it sounds like grace instead
You remind me who I amWhen I look in the mirror, and I'm not so sureLord, I don't wanna listen to the lies anymore
The truth is I am my Father's childI make Him proud and I make Him smileI was made in the image of a perfect KingHe looks at me and wouldn't change a thingThe truth is I am truly lovedBy a God who's good when I'm not good enoughI don't belong to the lies, I belong to YouAnd that's the truth
I know who I am'Cause I know who You areAnd I hold Your truth inside of my heartI know the lies are always gonna try and find meBut I've never been so sure
The truth is I am my Father's childI make Him proud and I make Him smileI was made in the image of a perfect KingHe looks at me and wouldn't change a thingThe truth is I am truly lovedBy a God who's good when I'm not good enough (not good enough)I don't belong to the lies, I belong to You (I belong to You)And that's the truth
HmmAnd that's the truth

Long way home - Steven Curtis Chapman

And a one, two, a one, two, three
I set out on a great adventureThe day my father started leading me homeHe said there's gonna be some mountains to climbAnd some valleys we're gonna go through
But I have no way of knowingJust how hard this journey could be'Cause the valleys are deeper and the mountains are steeperThan I ever would have dreamed
But I know we gonna make itAnd, I know we're gonna get there soonAnd I know sometimes it feels like we are going the wrong wayBut it's just a long way home
I got some rocks in my shoes, fears I wish I can loseIt makes the mountains so hard to climbAnd my heart gets so heavy with the weight of the world sometimes
There's a bag of regretsMy should have beens, and not yetsI keep on dragging aroundAnd I can hardly wait for the day I get to lay it all down
But I know that day is comingBut I know is going to be here soonAnd I won't turn back, even if the world says I'm going the wrong way'Cause it's just a long way home
When we can't take another stepOur father will pick us up and carry us in his armsAnd even on the best days, he says to remember we aren't home yetSo don't get too comfortableBecause really all we are is just pilgrims passing through
Hey, hey, yeah, well I know we are gonna make itAnd I know we are gonna to be there soonSo I'll keep on singing and believing what all of my songs sayBecause our God has made a promiseAnd I know that everything He says is trueAnd I know where ever we go he will never ever leave us'Cause he is gonna lead us homeEvery single step of the long way
Keep on, we are gonna make itI know we are gonna make itWe're just taking the long way home(Keep on, we are gonna make it) yeah, yeah, yeahI know we are gonna make itWe're just taking the long way home
Keep on, we are gonna make itI know we are gonna make it(We're just taking the long way home) taking the long way homeKeep on, we are gonna make itI know we are gonna make itOoh, It's just the long way home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody Prayed by Crowder

  Every night there by your bed You fold your hands and bow your head Throwing out another prayer in faith When you're wondering if He&#...