Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Thinking Patterns

Why would God want to change the way we think? How can our lives get off track because of poor thinking patterns? I can get myself into a frenzy at a fast pace and I can put myself into an emotional tail spin if I’m not careful. I can also think too highly of myself, setting up a crash into regret. Proverbs‬ ‭4:23-27‬ ‭(MSG‬‬) says, “Keep a vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts. Don’t talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust.”

The closer I experience the awe of His presence, I’m at peace with my circumstances and purpose in life. Psalm 71:14 states “But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more.”

Dane Ortlund says, “As long as you fix your attention on your sin, you will fail to see how you can be safe. But as long as you look to this high priest, you will fail to see how you can be in danger. Looking inside ourselves, we can anticipate only harshness from heaven. Looking out to Christ, we can anticipate only gentleness.” - Excerpt - Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...