Wednesday, February 2, 2022

3 Questions

Rick Warren asks 3 questions based on ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:1-2‬ (‭MSG‬‬)

‭‭“Since Jesus went through everything you’re going through and more, learn to think like Him. Think of your sufferings as a weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way. Then you’ll be able to live out your days free to pursue what God wants instead of being tyrannized by what you want.”

  1. What are the reasons behind my emotions?

  2. Does my emotional reaction reflect what is really happening?

  3. Does my emotional reaction hurt or help?


    Ed Welch is a counselor with insight regarding our emotional well being. I’ve much to learn with managing my emotional response to life issues:  “O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. (Psalm 63:1–3) These words might not speak on your behalf, but they can—they must. If you think they can’t, that is not shame talking. It is hopelessness, indifference, and a heart that is getting hard. These are completely understandable, but they are also a whopper of a lie. A warning about “a heart that is getting hard” is not the nicest comment to slip into a book’s final chapter of one’s life.” - Dr Ed Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 8

 One quality that most children and teens have in common is a clear sense of what is fair and what is not. Being treated with respect and di...