Friday, February 4, 2022

Surrender 08

 How is God’s love the strength we need to overcome our fear of surrender? How is the concept of surrendering difficult to digest? How is surrendering self the core of following Christ?

We grow up in our American culture thinking that independence and the pursuit of our own happiness is “ultimate success”. We enjoy great freesom to pursue our dreams and passions yet we are tempted to forget our real call as Christ followers, and become indifferent to submitting our will, desires, and emotions to Him in loving obedience. I have often been indifferent because I was afraid of what I was giving up; that I would be less than what I really want out of life. But I’m learning that there is no greater joy than submitting myself to His authority. I have a long way to go.

“When you and I are hurting, whether it’s physical or emotional pain, we’re tempted to say, “I wonder if God really loves me. I wonder if he cares.” We know the answer. He does love us; he does care; he always will love us and care for us. God’s holy character is much greater than our feelings, and his promises never fail. He’s working out his purposes for us, even though he doesn’t always explain his reasons.” - Warren W. Wiersbe, The Cross of Jesus: What His Words from Calvary Mean for Us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...