Monday, February 28, 2022

Unraveling blog

 Looking at the news today, I could feel the heartache and fear creeping in.


I turned off the TV with a pit in my stomach.


I laid my head back as I became overwhelmed with the thoughts:


This world is freaking scary.

Having kids in this world is terrifying.

There is so much heartache everywhere, it’s like I can feel it seeping into me.


It’s heavy, here on earth.


Boulders sitting on our chests kind of heavy.


it’s so easy to sink into the hopelessness and darkness of it all. 


When I find myself going into that pit, there is one thing that helps me:


Recognizing that this world is not our home.


Knowing that this is not our final stop. 


If I don’t fix my eyes on eternity, I very easily become consumed by the terror of this world.


If I don’t set my mind on things from above, I feel the wave of darkness sucking me in.


But when I remember that this is not where I am going to be forever; and that life doesn’t actually end with death, I feel a sense of freedom from all the scariness.


The world is full of fear, but God is not.


The world is full of heartache, but eternity is not.


The world is temporary, but heaven is not.


We will suffer here, and we will need to grieve that.


But we won’t always suffer. 


Don’t forget about what comes next.


Don’t forget that even if death comes knocking on your door, it could be closely followed with you going to the best place you ever could.. eternity with Jesus.


The heartache is SO real. But it’s not forever.


Heaven is.


~Kelli Bachara, The Unraveling Blog


**Friends, If you are interested in any of my *printable* faith-based workbook to help with emotions, anxiety or body image, here’s the link❤️


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheUnravelingByKelli?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1006929294

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...