Friday, March 4, 2022

Garden of Gethsemane 08

 What would it have been like to be with Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane?  Would I have sensed the grief and trauma that Jesus experienced?  It is very comforting to know that Jesus felt traumatized by what was ahead, taking on the sin of every one of us, dying alone on the cross.  His love as the Creator must be and have been overwhelming.  Jesus prayed to the Father, which I need to do.  There are many issues in our lives that seem unfair, overwhelming, and beyond our control.  There is no emotion that you and I have that Jesus didn’t experience  

“You are able and I am not; You know what is best and I do not; you know the end from the beginning, I cannot; you should have your way in all this and I should not; you must be glorified and I must not; so praise God from whom all blessings flow. The sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakuk. 5:19 (Eugene Peterson - quote) I’m counting on God’s rule to prevail. You are my God. Burn thread words in my heart. Whatever we have to endure its all about you that we may live above it and through it. A belief in God is never passive. He does according to His will no one can stop Him. Daniel 4:35. I stop listen and pray.” - Chuck Swindoll, Lessons from Habakkuk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...