Tuesday, March 22, 2022

His Great Sacrifice 3/27

 I wonder if I will be completely embarrassed and mortified when I see Jesus regarding how little I thought of Him during most of my life.  I wonder if I take His sacrifice for me and all of us who call ourselves “Christian” much too lightly. But on the other hand, I do believe that I will marvel in my limited capacity at His love and pursuit of me, once I see Him face to face.  All the regrets, guilt and shame will be forgotten, not just forgiven.  Even though He has forgiven already, I’ll be able to forgive myself in full, not just half way    What joy and fullness await us, even though we experience joy and fulfillment now as we worship Jesus.  We will wonder why we wandered, doubted and were so hesitant in His all out pursuit of our mental, emotional, and behavioral obedience.


“There is evidence for the deity of Jesus -- good, strong,

historical , cumulative evidence; evidence to which an honest

person can subscribe without committing intellectual suicide.

John Stott.” - John R.W. Stott


Questions to consider:

  1. How do we often minimize the gravity of who Jesus is?

  2. How does today’s reading help you worship and marvel who Jesus is?


Today’s reference:  


Matthew 8:27 (ESV)

And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...