Saturday, March 5, 2022

Last Words 12

 Todays reading has a statement that could be shouted to the world: “ There are a lot of famous last words spoken by prominent people. But Jesus’ last words on the cross are the most important, life-altering ones.” When Jesus said “It is finished”, He said more than we can imagine. If I truly grasp what was completed on the cross, I would not be so negligent in my thinking, emotional response, or my behavior toward others. I need to keep what was finished in my focus each day, that I would use Jesus’ last words as a filter for all decisions.

Prayer by John RW Stott: “Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more. Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you. Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...