Saturday, April 9, 2022

Temptation 13

 

I often wonder if the temptations I encounter are of my own making or are they directly from Satan. But does it make much difference? I’ve had experiences when trials and temptations seemed oppressive, as if there was a cloud hanging low with doom and gloom warnings of tests to see if I would be faithful and obedient. As Dr. Sproul says, “Jesus was tempted to disbelieve God’s Word, to pit one part of it against another and to think that the Father was not telling Him the whole story.” I’m so thankful that His grace has been provided to hang in there with God’s Word and the presence of the Holy Spirit, despite the dark feelings and questions.


“The closer we are to God, the more the slightest sin will cause us deep sorrow.” - R.C. Sproul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...