Thursday, May 19, 2022

Break Me 5/23

 I want life to be safe and comfortable. But statistically, I’m guessing most of us have either come out of a crisis or we are headed into one. The hazards of living in a broken world with sinful people (including my own sin) has consequences that are not pleasant. I’d like to avoid conflict, loss, and grief, but my chance of avoiding these calamities does not look good. The conclusion is that life is not about me getting my way. Our Lord is searching for those who love Him and are surrendered to Him. I wonder if most of us are too busy to even see the need to be broken and surrendered to Him. We live in a culture plagued by noise, schedules, and constant distractions. Praying to be broken, contrite, reflective, and surrendered might require waiting, quiet commitment to be unnoticed, and a rut hum of constant conversation with our Lord. 

“Do not presume to do the work of God from any foundation other than an ongoing relationship with Him. How can we possibly think we will have wisdom, untiring love, and strength to persevere unless we sit daily at the feet of the Savior?” - Diane Langberg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...