Thursday, May 5, 2022

Disciple or not? 05/07

 “It appears that we’ve lost sight of what it means to be a follower of Jesus. The concept of being a disciple isn’t difficult to understand, but it affects everything.” - Francis Chan 

I wonder what Jesus would say if He viewed the way I live. Would He say that I’m really a disciple, or just pretending?  Am I actually following His commands, or do I view His instructions as suggestions? Am I surrendering my whole self to Him, waiting for Him to direct me, or going my own way, giving lip service to Him?  

we reduce discipleship to a canned program, and so many in the church end up sidelined in a spectator mentality that delegates disciple making to pastors and professionals, ministers and missionaries. But this is not the way it’s supposed to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...