Saturday, May 21, 2022

Disturb Me 5/25

 It’s scary to ask God to break and disturb my comfortable lifestyle. Most of us live a cushy life with no persecution or physical suffering because of our faith. My life has been privileged compared to most global citizens, but as our culture rapidly, changes, I wonder if we will be able to continue in such luxury. The political upheaval, distrust, anger, and loneliness we feel could be warning signs of things to come. I worry about the increase in teen depression and suicide, which can be symptomatic of so many cultural issues. I worry about my grandchildren growing up in a world that devalues integrity and character. What will their world be like with a minority knowing anything about church, Scripture or a sovereign God?  I wonder if I’m being too negative or if I’m another frog that isn’t aware of the rising temperature in the pot. I know that I cannot change our culture but I can encourage a few to be courageous Christ followers. Demonstrating kindness, justice and humility in a culture of narcissism is the least we can do. May God empower us with wisdom. 

“At some point in my life of faith I realized I knew plenty of things about Jesus but hadn’t actually done anything with Jesus. I was like a professor who taught the class but wasn’t a practitioner. I knew the verses about the poor and the widows and the orphans. Meanwhile I had never done a single thing to be like Jesus to them.” Excerpt, Undistracted, by Bob Goff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...