Thursday, May 26, 2022

The Next Step? 5/28

 I’ve spent a lot of mental time debating what God wanted me to do with my life, feeling like I was missing something. But it hit me that the two greatest commandments summarize much of what it means to follow Christ. My family life, career, relationships developed in the classroom and friendships are each forums to carry out my commitment to love others as myself. Scripture is clear that I need to live by the Spirit, not for my own selfish narcissism.My motivation to do anything can get twisted for my own kingdom delusions rather than allowing God’s kingdom to live in my heart.


 “We don’t need more facts to find the purpose and kindness and unselfishness we long for; we need a firmly seated faith, a few good friends, and a couple of trustworthy reminders.” - Bob Goff, Undistracted: Capture Your Purpose. Rediscover Your Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...