Thursday, May 26, 2022

Two Steps 5/29

Everyday is a fresh battle to be humble, asking God to be my Shepherd, leading me in His ways. My tendency is to go my own path, on auto pilot, thinking I’m self sufficient and independent. My arrogance of self determination goes a long way until I encounter resistance, a predicament, or until I’m hot with Scripture. God seems to be working in unseen ways to bring me to Himself, despite my independent methods of operation. My tendency is to seek comfort, minimal risk, with no controversy. But to love Him completely, to actually follow the Shepherd’s lead, will require surrendering, listening, waiting, and doing what is out of my comfort level. 

“What is it that you don't think you can do? What do you think is too big for you? Or too scary, or too risky? Sometimes God whispers it, and sometimes, he shouts it. Whatever the volume, I bet he's always using the same three words with us: Be Not Afraid.” - Bob Goff, Everybody, Always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...