Monday, June 13, 2022

Long Way Home 6/15

 I often remind myself of past mistakes, blunders, and the feeling of not measuring up. Guilt and shame often plague my thinking which lead to doubting God’s goodness and love. Sin has a lot far reaching consequences. But I’m learning how much I’ve wanted to build my own reputation rather than focus on God’s kingdom. Even though I have said all the right words, I secretly was working for my own kingdom. 

“Our lives are lived well only when they are lived on the terms of their creation, with God loving and us being loved, with God making and us being made, with God revealing and us understanding, with God commanding and us responding.” - Eugene H. Peterson, A Long Obedience in the Same Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...