Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Step of Faith 6/18

 I like my comfort zone and usually do not step out in faith, much to my shame. But God nudges me when I’m listening to move, to follow through, or to courageously say something that might help. I’m often praying that I do not stick my foot in my mouth, or get ahead of where God wants me to be. But most times, I’m hesitant to be adventurous, to think outside my box, or reach out. When I do, what a fulfillment of purpose that is felt.   Wiersbe’s insight (below) captures the wisdom of stepping out in faith, yet being respectful to what others have learned and being willing to put time and study into moving in the right direction   


“Four Lessons on Life 1. Never take down a fence until you know why it was put up. 2. If you get too far ahead of the army, your soldiers may mistake you for the enemy. 3. Don't complain about the bottom rungs of the ladder; they helped to get you higher. 4. If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.” - Warren W. Wiersbe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...