Saturday, July 30, 2022

Core 08/04

 The “look at me / take a selfie“ attitude runs counter to following Christ. Self promotion and self marketing do not glorify God unless we our efforts are pointing directly at Him. It seems that God is working under cover behind the scenes to accomplish what we could never do in our self efforts. Loud prayers on the street corner are not as effective as quiet prayers that search for His will and love. His knows who we are and what we are all about. We can portray one image but the truth resides in us. I want to be an authentic follower of Christ - what others see is who I am. 


If you allow physical selfishness, mental carelessness, moral insensitivity, or spiritual weakness, everyone in contact with you will suffer.  Oswald Chambers

I would like to buy three dollars worth of God, please. Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep, but just enough of Him to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine. I don’t want enough of Him to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant. I want ecstasy, not transformation. I want the warmth of the womb, not a new birth. I want a pound of the Eternal in a paper sack, please. I would like to buy three dollars worth of God, please (Wilbur Reese).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...