Monday, July 11, 2022

King Jesus 7/27

 Following Christ goes against what our culture teaches about success and fulfillment. I used to think that being a Christian was sort of an add on character quality to be successful but I was completely wrong. Christ gave everything to bring us to Himself. Following Him is a 100% change from self driven motives to His way of living. I’ll never be perfect with my decisions but I want to get closer to honoring Him with my life. We will never be perfect in this life because of our sin and weakness but He has changed everything through His death and resurrection. You and I have so much to praise Him for!

The hidden dimension of each human life is not visible to others, nor is it fully graspable even by ourselves. We usually know very little about the things that move in our own soul, the deepest level of our life, or what is driving it. Our “within” is astonishingly complex and subtle—even devious. It takes on a life of its own. Only God knows our depths, who we are, and what we would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...