Sunday, July 31, 2022

You Are What You Absorb 8/7

Scriptural intake is essential to maturity. But it seems to be more than reading the Bible each day. Thinking through the verses and applying them to situations is important to growing and being prepared for what’s ahead. I do not always get this done, being distracted by a long list of issues. Too many situations you and I face each day have the potential to lead us away from the Lord or they are opportunities to glorify Him. I could react on the basis of my rights and what I think is right, or I can respond with silence, prayer, or calm reassurance that God is in charge, allowing the issue to take place. God knows my heart, and He is not surprised by any event or person.  

“Our world continues on, faster and busier, and we are reminded that our souls were not created for the kind of speed to which we have grown accustomed. Thus, we are a people who are out of rhythm, a people with too much to do and not enough time to do it.” - Rich Villodas, The Deeply Formed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...