Sunday, July 31, 2022

Faith 8/6

 It’s a great grace to not be earning our righteousness or standing with God. Our faith would be no different than other religions with crazy ideas of what would earn a better way to please God. We would be competing with each other more than we do and we would be committing terrible sins all in the name of serving God. But since we experience His love in our hearts and know that His forgiveness is consistent with His plan from the beginning, our efforts to do good are a result of His forgiveness, not steps to earn anything. 

“The truly changed, truly converted, truly Christian heart can say with John Newton, “I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I wish to be. I am not what I hope to be. Yet I can truly say, I am not what I once was. By the grace of God, I am what I am.” - Mark Dever


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...