Sunday, August 14, 2022

Reflecting Back on the Past 8/22

 Looking back, I can see that there have been historic events in my life that have helped change my path. But there have been decisions and events that have begun a slow process of change, building upon the change that was initiated. Choosing to follow Christ, or responding to His leading in my heart, however you look at it, began a life long path that has been growing. I wonder how unaware I’ve been to the importance of some events, to what God was doing in the undercurrent.  Becoming a Christ follower takes a lifetime to work itself out - it’s not a one time decision. Even though He has redeemed me from a life of rebellion, He is restoring and rebuilding what I could never do on my own effort  I’m amazed at what has happened in my life when I’ve been so blind to His working.  I’m so grateful to how He has protected me from my own stupidity and foolishness.  I’m overwhelmed for the love He has shown me through my family, friends and former students  


“The Christian landscape is strewn with the wreckage of derelict, half built towers—the ruins of those who began to build and were unable to finish. For thousands of people still ignore Christ’s warning and undertake to follow him without first pausing to reflect on the cost of doing so. The result is the great scandal of Christendom today, so called “nominal Christianity.” - John Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...