Friday, September 9, 2022

Know Him 4, 9/10

I can easily list all of the issues I worry about and fear - a long long list!  But do I pray earnestly for those issues to be resolved?  Not nearly as much as I worry about them. This devotional challenges me to invest far more effort into praying than worry and fretting. Most of the issues on my list are things I cannot control but our Creator and King can. He knows every detail and is working to bring all issues to completion and for His glory, not mine  

“Meditation is the activity of calling to mind, and thinking over, and dwelling on, and applying to oneself, the various things that one knows about the works and ways and purposes and promises of God. It is an activity of holy thought, consciously performed in the presence of God, under the eye of God, by the help of God, as a means of communion with God.” - J.I. Packer, Knowing God


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...