Monday, September 5, 2022

Knowing Him 3 9/9

 The human authors of the Bible must have known God intimately, that His anger and righteousness were definitely to be feared. They also knew that God would listen to their praying. I do not pray enough nor with as much passion and perseverance. Perhaps I do not recognize how God’s moving depends on prayer. Perhaps I’m too indifferent because I imagine that God has already set decisions into motion without the possibility of His intervening again. I get much too discouraged (impatient) in my praying because I do not believe my praying makes a difference. How wrong I am. He is the infinite Creator who cares deeply about every detail of His working and moving. Rick Warren says that there are a ix ways God answers prayer: “Yes; No; Not yet; You be the answer; Trust Me, and; Are you kidding me.”

“How can we turn our knowledge about God into knowledge of God? The rule for doing this is simple but demanding. It is that we turn each Truth that we learn about God into matter for meditation before God, leading to prayer and praise to God.” - J.I. Packer, Knowing God


“How can we turn our knowledge about God into knowledge of God? The rule for doing this is simple but demanding. It is that we turn each Truth that we learn about God into matter for meditation before God, leading to prayer and praise to God.” - J.I. Packer, Knowing God 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...