Sunday, September 11, 2022

Knowing Him 7, 8/13

My natural sin polluted thinking is that I need to work it out on my own before laying everything out before our Father. I think that I need to figure an issue out before I submit to His leading in total obedience. Praying becomes secondary, looking for His grace is third, while my self sufficient independence is top priority. I’m slowly learning that acceptance of His will, obedience to Him, and prayer time are to replace my independence. 


“Disregard the study of God, and you sentence yourself to stumble and blunder through life blindfolded, as it were, with no sense of direction and no understanding of what surrounds you. This way you can waste your life and lose your soul.” - J.I. Packer, Knowing God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...