Thursday, October 20, 2022

Behold 10/27

 My contentment rests on who I trust and what I hold on to. If I focus on the stability of people or the tuff I’ve accumulated, my contentment can easily flip to anxiety within minutes. If I listen to too much negative news without a filter, or listen to those who are negative and angry without a filter, my anxiety shoots off the chart. But His presence and His voice is steady and sure. 

Our failure to hear His voice when we want to is due to the fact that we do not in general want to hear it, that we want it only when we think we need it.
Dallas Willard, Hearing God:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...