Saturday, October 8, 2022

Fear is a liar 10/10

My fear list is long and can sidetrack me for indefinite time periods.  Other time I think I’m invincible, immune to what some are experiencing. I used to think that being strong in the Lord was based on me trying harder, praying more and memorizing Scripture. Each of those is important but the strength from Him comes from Him as we trust Him and rely upon the Spirit. God is never late providing what we need but His provision are just in time or different than we thought. His strength is not of this world and it’s purpose is for us to glorify and appreciate Him even more. 

“Don’t fear your weaknesses—God supplies all the strength you need. Be afraid of those moments when you think you’re independently strong.” - Paul David Tripp, New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...