Sunday, October 2, 2022

My bitterness

 “Let all bitterness, anger and wrath, shouting and slander be removed from you, along with all malice. And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:31-32‬ ‭CSB‬‬

There are several individuals who I have difficulty forgiving. I want to avoid them and protect myself and others from future hurts. Letting the bitterness and anger go is hard. I’m on guard for the ne t offense, maybe out of protection for my own marriage. If I let down my guard, I could be hurt again.But I need to trust the Lord to provide the grace and humility to show mercy, no matter the potential for continued hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...