Monday, October 31, 2022

Habit Reboot 11/10

 Two verses that have hit me lately are:

“I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. “ --Psalm 16:8,9

Putting the Lord in front is top priority because He is always present. He never leaves us.  I do not want to neglect Him but I often do because I have to try something my way, leaving Him out. The discipline of knowing His presence is key to maintain joy and peace of mind when all else seems out of control. 

“Imagine the presence of one who deeply loves you and is powerful enough to deal with the things you fear. It turns fear into confidence. But, like all spiritual growth, this change only comes with practice. It comes when you say, “Amen—I believe” when you hear or read the promises of God. It comes through meditation on God’s words. It comes when the cross of Jesus Christ assures you that God is faithful. These words to the fearful are so important that Jesus makes them his final words on earth: “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matt. 28:20). The resurrection is God’s answer to fear. Jesus is alive.” - Edward T. Welch, Depression: Looking Up from the Stubborn Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...