Monday, October 31, 2022

Habit Reboot 11/5

 Thomas Watson’s advice is key to application. By making the Scripture personal, it will change me. It’s easy to think about the other guy and speculate how he/she would be different if they read it. Two verses that have impacted me lately - I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.  --Psalm 16:8,9. If I really believe He is before me and with me, my internal reaction and response will be different. 

Jesus did not die to increase our self-esteem. Rather, Jesus died to bring glory to the Father by redeeming people from the curse of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...