Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Real Hope 11/23

 Living in a broken world, we are either coming of a crisis / dilemma, or we headed for one. The tests we face prepare us for the next ones, deepening our dependence upon Him for His glory. That may sound negative but we are enabled to experience His presence, His wisdom, and leading. Holding on to the temporary things of this life will fade quickly. Grasping the eternal realm will produce joy that no earthly words can describe. 

I need not torment myself with the fear that my faith may fail; as grace led me to faith in the first place, so grace will keep me believing to the end. Faith, both in its origin and continuance, is a gift of grace (Phil 1:29).
J.I. Packer, Knowing God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...