Monday, January 16, 2023

Hope 1/20

My vision can be blurred and my life can seem out of focus. The more I compare myself to others or listen to the marketing schemes of our culture, I can easily be disappointed or discouraged. But fixing my eyes on Jesus is a renewal process that needs to happen each and every day, sometimes, moment by moment. If He is the author and perfector of my faith faith, I need to develop the habits and discipline to turn to Him, not myself.

"Hope is not a sedative; it is a shot of adrenaline, a blood transfusion. Like an anchor, our hope in Christ stabilizes us in the storms of life (Heb. 6:18–19), but unlike an anchor, our hope moves us forward, it does not hold us back.” - Warren W. Wiersbe, Be Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 281

 Like Nicky I do mtg like to get rid my old clothes. As a metaphor, my old way of doing life has Ben being passive aggressive at times, hold...