Saturday, January 28, 2023

Hope 1/31

 I’m not sure why so many are sensing the weight of our broken world, but depression and stress seem to be at an lol time high. Listening to the negativity and divisiveness needs to be balanced by a fresh wind of the Soirit in our lives. Reflecting on God’s Word and the words of Jesus bring hope that nothing else offers. I like the following translation paraphrase:

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ (‭MSG‬‬)

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”


“The good news of the kingdom is not freedom from hardship, suffering, and loss. It is the news of a Redeemer who has come to rescue me from myself. His rescue produces change that fundamentally alters my response to these inescapable realities. The Redeemer turns rebels into disciples, fools into humble listeners. He makes cripples walk again. In him we can face life and respond with faith, love, and hope. And as he changes us, he allows us to be a part of what he is doing in the lives of others. As you respond to the Redeemer’s work in your life, you can learn to be an instrument in his hands.” - Paul David Tripp, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody Prayed by Crowder

  Every night there by your bed You fold your hands and bow your head Throwing out another prayer in faith When you're wondering if He&#...