Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Hope 2/3

Trusting God does not mean that we are in denial, or that we live in a Pollyanna mentality. As much as I try to figure things out on my own and be self sufficient, I eventually realize how much I need to be all in for Him. I need to allow the roots and foundation to be deep to withstand the storms of life. The Bible clearly acknowledges that we will experience trials and temptations, despite the comfy life we have in our culture.

“Sanity has a deep awareness, I need help. I can’t do life right on my own. Someone outside me must intervene. The sanity of honest humility finds mercy, life, peace, and strength. By contrast, saying we don’t need help keeps us stuck on that hamster wheel of making excuses and blaming others. The end result isn’t life and peace; it’s self-righteousness, self-justification, alienation, and bitterness.” - David A. Powlison, Good and Angry: Redeeming Anger, Irritation, Complaining, and Bitterness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...