Friday, January 6, 2023

New Mercies 1/8

 Paul Tripp says “ I don’t know where I was when the memo went out. I’m not sure why I missed the discussion.” I missed a lot of teaching on how the Christian life functions when I was young. Even though I had read Romans 8 several times, I missed the point of the importance of living by the Spirit, rather than the flesh. The tension and conflict of my own sinful desires and the pull of sin temptations in the world can easily get me off track if I’m not in focus with the Holy Spirit. Talking out and praying my issues is a tremendous help, allowing me to have greater peace, contentment and joy, despite the issues around me.

“Better to obey what God says immediately than to wait until we think we are in a position to say yes. We can become so concerned with what it might cost us to obey that we fail to consider the tragic price of disobedience.” -  Henry Blackaby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...